You’ve probably got all the essential baby items sorted, but here are some tips to help things run smoothly – or as smoothly as they can with a newborn around!
That’s right, we’re starting with you. Mums often end up putting themselves last, but you’re better able to care for your baby when you look after yourself.
You might benefit from:
- A stroll in the sunshine for some fresh air.
- Nutritious meals and snacks, including plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- An eye mask so you can blot out the daylight and sleep when your baby sleeps.
- Breast pads to stop milk leaking out into your clothes. (Not a good look!)
- Life-Space Probiotic for Pregnancy & Breastfeeding to support your general health and wellbeing.
For the mess:
Don’t stress about mess too much, but remember that:
- You can clean up almost anything with natural baby wipes.
- Cotton buds are great for tricky spots like ears or belly buttons.
- Face cloths are handy in every room as you’re constantly washing your baby.
For the home:
- Keep a portable changing mat and some nappies and wipes in your living space so you don’t have to go to the change table for every wet nappy.
- Swaddle your newborn to calm them if they’re overstimulated by all the new smells, colours and sounds they encounter.
- Use a baby rocker so your baby’s safe but near you when you’re cooking dinner or getting dressed.
- Keep a stash of clean onesies – babies can go through three outfits a day!
- Stroller hooks so you don’t have to squish that last bit of shopping into your pram basket.
- A lightweight, foldable changing pad for emergency nappy changes. Spare clothes too.
- Pacifier clips to secure a dummy onto the pram, reducing the risk of dropping it on the pavement.
Enjoy motherhood. You’ve got this!
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. Supplements should not replace a balanced diet.