Life-Space Group Pty Ltd ACN 621 102 636, Evolution Health Pty Ltd ACN 120 173 159 and Ultra Mix (Aust) Pty Ltd ACN 067 526 596 and all our related companies (We, our, us) respect your privacy. We are committed to providing quality services to you and this Policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
When you contact us, including by purchasing any of our products or services, participating in Evolution Health/Life-Space competitions or promotions, using our website or our services or applying to join the Life-Space team, you agree to this Policy.
You do not need to provide any personal information to us, if you don’t want to. However, if you don’t provide the personal information that we ask for, it may not be possible for us to engage with you. For example, if you purchase our products online, we will not be able to deliver them to you unless you provide a delivery address.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. We will use our reasonable endeavours to comply with any obligations that we have under the Act and the APPs in respect of your Personal Information.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
We collect and store personal information about our customers, healthcare professionals (naturopaths, pharmacists, etc) or members of the public:
- When an order is placed for our products;
- When you open an account with us;
- In the course of responding to enquiries;
- During consultations with our staff or meetings with our company representatives;
- From adverse reaction/event reports; and
- Trade events, membership programs, competitions or promotions, educational seminars or other programs sponsored by us.
The types of personal information we collect depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected. Personal information that may be collected about you includes:
- Your name and contact details (e.g. Address, email, telephone number, business and professional details (if applicable);
- Information about the products and services that you have purchased, ordered or asked about;
- Your credit or debit card details and other bank details;
- Information about any feedback your provide, complaints you made and details of any products returned, refunds provided, to you;
- The nature of your enquiry; and
- Other details about you that might be relevant, such as your age, gender, diet, lifestyle, medical history and medical condition or medical treatment.
We may collect sensitive information, such as health information when it relates to the provision of our products to you. One example of sensitive information collected by us is a prescription issued by your health practitioner. In such instances, you expressly acknowledge and consent to our collection of the sensitive information.
If you contact us by phone, this information may be collected by us as a recorded voice message where our staff are temporarily unavailable to answer a call when you choose to leave a voice message.
You do not need to provide any personal information to us if you don’t want to. However, if you don’t provide the personal information that we ask for, it may not be possible for us to engage with you. For example, if you purchase our products online, we will not be able to deliver them to you unless you provide a delivery address.
Information that cannot be linked to an individual’s identity such as IP address, browser information) does not constitute personal information and is not regulated by the APPs or the Act.
Use of Personal Information
We may collect personal information about prospective employees during our recruitment process and such information will be handled in accordance with this Policy.
Among other things, we primarily collect your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with access to our website, including to provide you with content on that site that is relevant to you;
- helping to work out what products and services you are most interested in;
- making our products, services, our website and our social media sites better;
- improving our services and capabilities in operating our business for the customers;
- collating information so we can engage with our customers via marketing mail outs;
- registering and tracking customer enquiries that we receive (such as product feedback, complaints or brand enquiries);
- statistically analyse the distribution of our products (e.g. we might compile personal information in order to determine the percentage of users that live in a particular geographic area);
- generating customer lists for the purposes of market research;
- notifying you of matters that we are required by law to notify you of (e.g. Product recalls); monitoring and preparing reports regarding the quality, safety and efficacy of our products;
- enforcing our rights, including undertaking legal proceedings; and
- otherwise managing our business and to meet our legal and regulatory requirements.
We may also use your personal information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We use personal information to improve our services and capabilities in operating our business for the consumer. We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our contractors and service providers that provide financial, legal, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business, such as Paypal and BPay;
- maintenance providers and solicitors within or outside of Australia;
- service providers which process, store or back up information (which can be located overseas);
- regulatory authorities within or outside of Australia;
- any person that is a party to an agreement with us for the sale of all or part of our business; and
- any other person or organisation that we tell you about.
We do not sell, provide, or allow your Personal Information to be viewed by any other person other than those employed by, or working on behalf of, us. We may disclose Information to bodies to improve our marketing services to our customers and use your Personal Information to inform you of promotions which may be of interest along with details of other products or services we provide.
You consent to the possible transfer of your Information outside of Australia for the purpose of us providing services and marketing material to you.
Other than the uses outlined above, we will not disclose your personal information to any third parties without prior consent unless we are required or authorised by law.
Each time you visit our website, our web servers automatically save the name of your browser and operation system, your IP address, your top level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc), website from which you accessed our website, the webpages you visit while with us, the date and time you spend on our website, the documents downloaded and the type of browser used. Our services save this information for security purposes. For statistical purposes, we may also evaluate anonymous or de-identified data to, for instance, ascertain or aggregate user activity, to provide insight on the usage of our website.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the web server’s logs. In the event of this occurring, this information will be treated as Personal Information under this Policy.
Storage and Security of Information
Electronic Information provided to us will be stored on servers located in Sydney, Singapore, New York and San Francisco. Physical copies of Information provided are kept in storage rooms with restricted access.
Any Information sent to us via the Internet is sent at your own risk. We will not be held accountable for the privacy practices of other websites which appear as links on our website.
Registered customers can view and alter the Information they have provided by logging in with their username and password and accessing their account information. The Information we retain includes customer profiles, addresses, and past orders. Access to this Information by our staff or authorised third parties can only be performed by staff members with a secure password, with access only performed when required. Access to this Information is recorded by log files to track unauthorised access and modifications.
How are Cookies used on Our Website
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to warn you before accepting cookies. If you have set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, you will receive the warning message with each cookie. If you reject our cookies, you may still use our website, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features
You are welcome to contact us if you would like to:
- Discuss the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information;
- Would no longer like to receive marketing material from or on behalf of us;
- Request access to, correction or deletion of any personal information;
- Make a general enquiry including but not limited to feedback, complaints or brand enquiries.